- How the Positive Effects of Gratitude Reduce Caregiver Stressby DailyCaring on October 23, 2020 at 3:10 am
Gratitude is proven to reduce stress Gratitude is a great stress reduction technique for caregivers. It’s a simple, but trulyRead More The post How the Positive Effects of Gratitude Reduce Caregiver Stress appeared first on DailyCaring.
- 9 Top Questions About Palliative Care vs. Hospice Careby DailyCaring on October 22, 2020 at 5:15 am
Could palliative care or hospice care help your older adult? These two services are often confused, so it’s important toRead More The post 9 Top Questions About Palliative Care vs. Hospice Care appeared first on DailyCaring.
- 16 Cold and Flu Prevention Tips for Seniors and Caregiversby DailyCaring on October 21, 2020 at 5:15 am
Note: The tips below focus on cold and flu prevention tips. To reduce the risk of contracting Covid-19, follow CDCRead More The post 16 Cold and Flu Prevention Tips for Seniors and Caregivers appeared first on DailyCaring.
- 4 Ways to Prevent Incontinence-related Skin Problemsby DailyCaring on October 21, 2020 at 5:10 am
When you’re caring for someone with incontinence, you know how sensitive their skin is and how easily irritation, rashes, orRead More The post 4 Ways to Prevent Incontinence-related Skin Problems appeared first on DailyCaring.
- Senior Medication Safety: 9 Important Questions to Ask the Pharmacistby FamilyWize on October 20, 2020 at 5:15 am
Because seniors often take multiple medications, they’re at higher risk of drug interactions and negative side effects. Pharmacists are medicationRead More The post Senior Medication Safety: 9 Important Questions to Ask the Pharmacist appeared first on DailyCaring.
Best Homecare Tips UJAT Caregiver Network News
- Tips on how to Heal and Prevent Bed Soresby UJAT Caregiver Network on August 12, 2019 at 8:46 pm
Bed sores are a painful skin disorder often experienced by older adults with mobility concerns, also known as pressure sores or pressure ulcers. Most at risk are those who are in one position for a long time because they are exposed to constant pressure on one part of the body. Sores can develop very quickly The post […]
- The Challenges of In-home Dementia Care for Providers Highlighted in the Latest Researchby UJAT Caregiver Network on August 9, 2019 at 4:35 pm
Older adults who live with dementia at home tend to be sicker and socially more challenging than their counterparts, as discovered in the latest research. This implies that home care providers who have established themselves as dementia specialists will probably have a difficult task on their hands. More than 5.7 […]
- Tips for Including Older Loved Ones in Holiday Conversationsby Samuel Wilkinson on December 10, 2018 at 7:00 pm
This time of year is considered special by many, and it’s with a reason. The holiday season is upon us. During this time, friends and family gather to celebrate various festivities and enjoy time spent together. Over the holidays, it is essential to be around your elderly loved ones and dedicate some of your time […]
- Holiday Tips for Older Adults and Their Caregiversby Gavin Brown on December 1, 2018 at 7:00 pm
It’s the holiday season! First, there was Halloween, and then we had Thanksgiving. However, the best is yet to come. Christmas is the favorite part of the year of many people living in the US. There’s nothing like Christmas, when the whole family gathers to celebrate one of the biggest Christian holidays. We […]
- 3 Reasons Why Weight Training Is Recommended for Seniorsby Samuel Wilkinson on November 30, 2018 at 7:00 pm
Working out is an activity that divides people and opinions. Some claim that women who exercise look bulky and overly masculine, while others argue that you aren’t doing it right if you feel no pain in your muscles. While these claims have little truth to them, even bigger misconceptions exist regarding older adults […]