- Prevent Elder Fraud by Getting Rid of Junk Mailby DailyCaring on May 6, 2021 at 5:15 am
Elder fraud is a 36 billion dollar problem Thieving fraudsters are making a business of taking advantage of older adults.Read More The post Prevent Elder Fraud by Getting Rid of Junk Mail appeared first on DailyCaring.
- Entertain and Engage Seniors with Books on Tapeby DailyCaring on May 5, 2021 at 5:15 am
Reading engages senior minds Audio books make reading accessible to everyone, including seniors with low vision or limited physical ability. HearingRead More The post Entertain and Engage Seniors with Books on Tape appeared first on DailyCaring.
- How Seniors Can Get Help Paying for Prescription Drugsby DailyCaring on May 4, 2021 at 5:15 am
Seniors can get help paying for prescription drugs When older adults aren’t able to afford their prescriptions, they can’t followRead More The post How Seniors Can Get Help Paying for Prescription Drugs appeared first on DailyCaring.
- 5 Tips for Dealing with Caregiver Guilt in Dementia Careby DailyCaring on May 3, 2021 at 5:15 am
Feelings of guilt are common among dementia caregivers Caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia, means you’re doing a toughRead More The post 5 Tips for Dealing with Caregiver Guilt in Dementia Care appeared first on DailyCaring.
- 4 Ways to Reduce Stress from Caregiver Emotionsby DailyCaring on April 29, 2021 at 3:15 am
Caring for seniors is an emotional job One caregiving challenge that doesn’t get enough attention is dealing with the strongRead More The post 4 Ways to Reduce Stress from Caregiver Emotions appeared first on DailyCaring.
Best Homecare Tips UJAT Caregiver Network News
- 3 Reasons Why Weight Training Is Recommended for Seniorsby Samuel Wilkinson on October 27, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Working out is an activity that divides people and opinions. Some claim that women who exercise look bulky and overly masculine, while others argue that you aren’t doing it right if you feel no pain in your muscles. While these claims have little truth to them, even bigger misconceptions exist regarding older adults […]
- Tips on how to Heal and Prevent Bed Soresby UJAT Caregiver Network on August 12, 2019 at 8:46 pm
Bed sores are a painful skin disorder often experienced by older adults with mobility concerns, also known as pressure sores or pressure ulcers. Most at risk are those who are in one position for a long time because they are exposed to constant pressure on one part of the body. Sores can develop very quickly The post […]
- The Challenges of In-home Dementia Care for Providers Highlighted in the Latest Researchby UJAT Caregiver Network on August 9, 2019 at 4:35 pm
Older adults who live with dementia at home tend to be sicker and socially more challenging than their counterparts, as discovered in the latest research. This implies that home care providers who have established themselves as dementia specialists will probably have a difficult task on their hands. More than 5.7 […]
- Tips for Including Older Loved Ones in Holiday Conversationsby Samuel Wilkinson on December 10, 2018 at 7:00 pm
This time of year is considered special by many, and it’s with a reason. The holiday season is upon us. During this time, friends and family gather to celebrate various festivities and enjoy time spent together. Over the holidays, it is essential to be around your elderly loved ones and dedicate some of your time […]
- Holiday Tips for Older Adults and Their Caregiversby Gavin Brown on December 1, 2018 at 7:00 pm
It’s the holiday season! First, there was Halloween, and then we had Thanksgiving. However, the best is yet to come. Christmas is the favorite part of the year of many people living in the US. There’s nothing like Christmas, when the whole family gathers to celebrate one of the biggest Christian holidays. We […]